Simply Music Lessons
Simply Music Goals
The overriding goal of Simply Music is to create a culture where people of all ages easily and readily acquire and maintain music as a lifelong companion. Inside of this goal, there are specific goals that we focus on achieving for students:
- Having the ability to play a huge repertoire covering classical, popular, blues, jazz and accompaniments
- Experiencing playing as a natural self-expression
- Having a highly positive, self-affirming experience with music learning
- Developing the ability to self-generate and progress independently - this includes developing a strong foundation in music reading and theory
What to Expect
At Keys to Harmony, the first month of lessons focuses on two areas:
- Foundational conversations which clarify roles and goals and what to expect from these unique lessons
- Basics on the piano and improvisation - starting the experience with a foundation of freedom at the piano
Thereafter, the core Simply Music curriculum is layered in, and students enjoy learning various styles of music, arrangements, composition, improvisation, accompaniment skills, reading, blues, jazz, and more.
Gone are the isolating experiences of going to your piano lesson alone, practicing alone, and playing alone. Simply Music is taught in a fun and dynamic shared lesson environment.
In shared lessons of 4 to 5 students, a deeper level of learning and enjoyment evolves along with the camaraderie that accompanies shared goals and experiences. A few additional benefits are:
- Increased accountability and support
- Ensemble playing - creating music with others is encouraged
- Every student brings unique questions and ideas
- Music is learned in a fun, social environment
One of the reasons for the unprecedented success of our younger students is parental involvement. If the student is a child, a parent (or other coach) is required to attend and engage in every lesson. Often coaches choose to learn along with the student, creating a special bond through music and perhaps even fulfilling a lifelong dream for themselves to learn to play the piano.
Using a multi-sensory approach, several learning styles are utilized in lessons:
- Learning patterns in the fingers before going to the piano (tactile learning)
- Processing song sections on a 'practice pad' with no sound (visual learning)
- Listening for specific elements (aural learning)
- Learning directly at the piano (combination of tactile, visual, and aural learning)
As they progress through the curriculum, students generate their own ideas and strategies for learning.
Want to find out more?
Before enrolling in lessons, you must attend a free Information Session. You will learn some background about Simply Music, how we achieve unprecedented results, hear some songs we teach in the first few months, and ask any questions you have. You will even learn part of a song!
This is a no-cost, pressure-free event intended only to ensure that the program is a good fit for you or your child prior to committing to lessons. To register please click the button below.